There is actually very limited contact between humans and the Fru'wu, so the only individual of the Fru'wu species that I have named is Fru'manu. "Fru'manu" is just a code designation, much like "agent 007". It is not clear to what extent the Fru'wu have a concept of "individuals" since they are all coupled together by a heavily used type of technology-assisted telepathic communication.
I named the Fru'wu home world Reahand and it would have been a world located too far from its nearest star to have liquid oceans except for its thick atmosphere with a powerful greenhouse effect.
|Example of an imagined appearance for the Fruthwa.|
Ivory's imagination was guided by rumors suggesting that
some Fruthwa survive, either on an Archive World
in the galactic core or in the Hierion Domain.
|Stitched Drake; elements of this were used for the|
imagined Fru'wu image at the top of this page
|detail from Overnight Procedure|
|Leymaygn and Vozgrow.|
Pla'mak initially suspects that the problems experienced by the Fru'wu are due to the Huaoshy meddling in the development of their civilization. For hundreds of years Pla'kao and Pla'mak willingly accept technological tools and other help from the Fru'wu and they try to help the budding civilization on Earth sneak around the restrictions imposed on humans by the Huoashy. Only slowly does Pla'kau come to realize that by "helping" the humans on Earth develop a technologically advanced civilization, the Pla might be inadvertently sending Earth towards destruction, pushing Earth towards global warming and catastrophic changes to the oceans. Are the Fru'wu valuable friends of we Earthlings or a dangerously bad influence?
The Book of Fru
- a short history of past contacts between humans and the Fru'wu
- the Klyz teleportation hub is a Fru'wu base of operations
- the Fru'wu interventionist faction that became involved with the Nereids
- the theory that the name "Huaoshy" was passed from the Fru'wu to the Pla
- on why the Fru'wu want to contact the Nereids in Exode
- a short glossary entry about the Fru'wu for Exode
- some commentary on the technological disasters suffered by the Fru'wu
- what the Fru'wu have planned for Parthney and his mission to Earth
- an example of the contact that Parthney has with the Fru'wu while he is on Earth
- some history of past interactions between the Fru'wu and Trysta (A.K.A. Noÿs)
If you are interested in alien biology then also see:
- an Asterothrope female
- Sedronite genetics
- some Preland physiology