Sep 5, 2015

Not a Robot

_______________________________________________________
The most recent attempt by Google to determine if I'm a robot.
Last year I blogged about Google's on-going efforts to determine if I am a robot.

Now, following Google's recent corporate reorganization there have been a number of changes and an escalation of their war against robots.

I frequently search back through my old blog posts. Sometimes I have to open up a dozen or more old blog posts before I find what I'm looking for. I find it hard to believe that these searches through my own blog posts look "unusual". I've been doing this for years.

Seeing Red: From F- to G+

In the previous millennium, "F-" was a kind of joke, meaning the worst you could possibly do in a grading scale from A to F. Here in this millennium, Google created a new extreme of bad: G+. I only use Google Plus as a place to archive my collection of imaginary book and magazines covers.

Recently, Google started using a new bright red icon for Google Plus, so now I'm constantly seeing red when I use my web browser.

I have been planning to do something special for my 200th image placed into in my Book and Magazine Covers album. I can't resist a self-referential tip of my hat to the good anti-robot folks at Google.

It is fitting that for my 200th image added to my collection of imaginary book covers I honor Google's effort to identify robots. It would be interesting to know what fraction of Google's internet bandwidth is used by robots, including their own.

More "Joy of Google".

Googelbot

visit the Gallery of Book and Magazine Covers

No comments:

Post a Comment