Dec 3, 2022

Observing Mars

Pink Mars
 Back in April of this year I started writing a new science fiction story called The Cythyrya Investigation. I called the first chapter of that story a prelude. So, what do you call a prelude to a prelude? In this case, the answer to that question is "Someday Mars" (see below), which is a tip of my cap to the story "And Someday to Mars" by Frank Belknap Long which was published in the February 1952 issue of Thrilling Wonder Stories.

That was the same issue of Thrilling which featured "Abercrombie Station" by Jack Vance as the cover story. Jack Vance was able to almost completely avoid writing goofy stories about life on the planets Venus and Mars (an exception in 1953: Vandals of the Void). For "Abercrombie Station" and its sequel, "Cholwell's Chickens", Vance imagined a distant exoplanet (Codrion) and made that world the site of a human cloning operation. Our Solar System was too small for Vance's imagination.

Barbara and Jim
"And Someday to Mars" depicts human settlers on Mars and the story reads like it was set in someplace like Iowa. Jim Kirk Westrum was the first man to reach Mars... arriving in a desperate early attempt to cross the vast interplanetary distance from Earth. Now he is an old man and he is unable to distinguish reality from his fantasies.

Jim sometimes fantasizes that his beloved girlfriend Kathy will arrive on the next spaceship from Earth. However, Kathy died long ago on Earth. Finally, one day, Kathy's young relative, Barbara arrives on Mars. Barbara remembers how her Great Aunt Catherine used to imagine that Jim would return to Earth, but Catherine died before there was regular spaceship travel between Mars and Earth.

1917 in the Ekcolir Reality (source).

For my tribute story, "Someday Mars", I imagine that in the Ekcolir Reality there was an analogue of Frank Long who was named Francine Long. In 1952 of the Ekcolir Reality, Francine published a story called "Someday Mars". That science fiction story was about a space elevator being built on Mars. Yes, in the Ekcolir Reality, the pace of technological progress was somewhat faster than here in our Reality.

"Someday Mars" is set in the future, almost two decades from now. So how can Eddy (who narrates "Someday Mars") write this story here in 2022? That is somewhat a mystery. Somehow Eddy is able to obtain information from the future. Eddy suspects that his grandson, Brak, is able to send information back through time using the Sedron Time Stream.

from the 1939 film, Elevator to Paris

In 1952 of the Ekcolir Reality it had become possible to build space elevators because the required technology was provided by the alien Fru'wu.

The Ekcolir Reality followed close on the heels of the Asimov Reality, which was given that name because of the role that Isaac Asimov played in bringing it into existence. 

Readers of "Someday Mars" might also benefit from reading the 2019 story "A Phari Tale", but "Someday Mars" is intended to be a stand-alone story. The story begins as Eddy and his wife, Zeta, are engaged in a telepathy experiment...

Someday Mars. Part 1.

The Mind Clone Network.
Zeta was triumphantly mounted astride my hips with my erection deep inside her. I was trying to ignore the way she was playing with swollen glans of her clitoris. I was having unhappy flashbacks to the days when Zeta had a penis. I kept my attention on Zeta's breasts. She was wearing a bra that Tihri had made for her, which concealed her big jutting nipples. Zeta telepathically corrected me: Tyhry.

Yes, now our daughter's name had been officially changed to Tyhry. Extensive research by Stacy at the Writers Block had made clear that Tyhry's namesake had originally been called Yrhyt, a rather conventional tryp'At name which had been translated into English as "Irhit". 

My hands were up under the silky fabric of the bra, which used anti-gravity hierions to seemingly make Zeta's big breasts float high on her chest without any sag. Tyhry had made the bra with hierions obtained from Observer Base. It had been discovered that the Observer Base teleporter could send hierions to Earth, but not conventional matter.

For our current experiment, Zeta and I were linked by multiple synapex connections and we were practicing the art of shielding our thoughts from Tyhry. Tyhry had gone out back to work on her flyer, another application of anti-gravity hierions. Tyhry loved to race through the desert on her little flyer, skimming aver the ground at high speed. For safety's sake, Zeta insisted that Tyhry always wear a helmet while out flying through the desert. 

Zeta's Gamma endosymbiont (image source).
In addition to the synapex linkages between our nervous systems, Zeta and I were also heavily dosed with large amounts of clytykynyn and oxypathin that had been provided to us by Rylla. We were experimenting not with the original molecular forms of clytykynyn and oxypathin, but rather new derivatives that Rylla had recently designed and formulated in her laboratory. These versions of the hormones could be quickly absorbed into the blood, could activate their receptor and could also be relatively rapidly metabolized and inactivated. Our hope was that their effects should more quickly fade away, allowing us to quickly return to normal consciousness after sharing an orgasm trance. During our shared orgasms, my mind was completely open to Zeta's telepathic inspection and we could work together in an effort to block out Tyhry.

However, this new experiment was not working. First, the new hormones had dramatic effects on our sex organs, causing our erectile tissue to fill with blood and just keep growing larger and larger. Rather alarmed by the size of the head of my penis, I had quickly hidden it from sight inside Zeta. The bra had covered up Zeta's nipples, but her big clitoris was now the center of Zeta's fascinated attention. As for the telepathy part of the experiment, there within our shared mind space, we had quickly entered into a spectacular shared orgasm trance, but then stray thoughts of Rylla kept leaking into our minds. I tried to stop myself from thinking about Rylla and the new discoveries she kept making in her chemistry research lab. I was working hard to align my thoughts with those of Zeta so that we could weave an impervious shield that might protect our thoughts against Tyhry's powerful telepathic mind. And inside Zeta, her Gamma endosymbiont was also helping us with that effort. However, I kept getting feedback from Tyhry which let me know that she could still follow my thoughts no matter how hard I tried to prevent her from linking to me telepathically. Finally, Zeta told me: Rylla is trying to contact you.

synapex linkage

Feeling foolish for not having realized the truth myself, I gave up trying to shield my telepathic mind from the outside world. Quickly the shared mind space that Zeta and I had constructed began to crumble; I could sense Rylla's mind pattern and I knew that she had news from Observer Base. I pulled my hands from inside Zeta's bra, breaking the synapex connections between my finger tips and her nipples. 

Zeta broke our synapex connection that had linked our nervous systems through my penis and her vagina. Pulling off my swollen penis, Zeta sprawled across the bed beside me. I kissed her belly (and tried but failed to ignore her big erect clitoris) and then rolled off the bed, heading for my computer. Zeta called after me, "Robe!"

I grabbed my robe and covered up my swollen penis and its red tip where just a minute earlier my body had been physically linked to Zeta's nervous system by axonal connections. A moment later, in the living room, I settled in at my computer and glanced at the red tips of my fingers. I successfully controlled my habit of using the computer touch pad and by using voice commands only, I opened a vchat link to Rylla. Her daughter Marda was already in the channel and as soon as she saw me, Marda told me, "Tyhry will want to hear this, too."

____________

 Sometimes Tyhry met Rōxzyl inside the Reality Simulation System for some steamy oral sex, but that involved some risk. Tyhry had promised her father that she would never use the RSS unless she was with him, so she kept her secret use of the Simulator to a minimum. Usually when Tyhry and Rōxzyl wanted a quick orgasm they simply linked telepathically. 

However, "simply" was not really the best description of their telepathic sexplay session because Rōxzyl preferred a three way with Anthony and Tyhry preferred to be wearing her massaging underwear. Tyhry still had not gotten up the nerve to ask Anthony to make love to her while she wore the kinky underwear. She worried that the rather conservative robot would think her perverse.

Now Tyhry was getting the pleasure of flying while she engaged in telepathic sexplay with Rōxzyl. At the same time, Tyhry would occasionally transmit a brief telepathic signal to her father just to let him know that she could still read his thoughts. For the most part, Tyhry tried to keep out of her parents minds, particularly when they were having sex. Tyhry had become bored with her parent's sexplay about the time when had learned how to enter into an orgasm trance with Rōxzyl. For the two mind clones, their orgasm trance was a permanently sparking mindlink that could be intensified by either linking in additional telepaths or by physical stimulation to their erectile tissues. For spicy sexplay, sometimes Rōxzyl invited other telepaths from the Asimov Reality to join in. At the moment, their sex play involved only Gamma, Tyhry, Rōxzyl, Tyhry's massaging underwear and Rōxzyl's favorite vibrator which Tyhry could easily imagine was inside her own vagina. Tyhry's sister Gamma, although residing safely inside Zeta, had asked to tag along and share in this sexplay session with Tyhry.

Tyhry was a bit worried that she might someday crash her flyer while having sex. When she was in a state of extreme sexual pleasure and her physical surroundings tended to fade from her conscious awareness. As a safety measure, she'd programmed her flyer to automatically rise higher off the ground unless she actively kept cranking a hand wheel that lowered the flyer towards ground level. Tyhry, an expert multitasker, had all these irons in the fire, but then Tyhry suddenly felt Rōxzyl's vibrator slip out of her vagina and Rōxzyl said: Mom's calling. I have to go.

 Tyhry told Rōxzyl: Catch you later, lover.

Gamma added: Thanks for letting me join in the sexplay, Rōxzyl.

The telepathic minds of Tyhry and Rōxzyl were never totally disconnected, but now Rōxzyl dwindled to a warm cloud at the back of Tyhry's mind. Gamma told Tyhry: Thanks for sharing Rōxzyl with me, sis

Then, with Rōxzyl no longer dominating her telepathic mind, Zeta's sexual thoughts suddenly blossomed inside Tyhry's mind and Tyhry could "see" just how much her mother's erectile tissue had swollen under the influence of the new sex hormones. Without thinking, Tyhry exclaimed: Holy cow, mom, it looks like you have a penis!

Adrift in her own orgasm trance, Zeta barely noticed Tyhry's startled commentary. Zeta was trying not to be distracted by thoughts of Rylla and was making use of her telepathic relationship with Gamma for the purpose of blocking out Rylla from the joint mind-space that was at that moment being created by Eddy and Zeta. Feeling her mind pushed away by Zeta, Tyhry shifted her telepathic attention to her father and now she could sense that Rylla was in vchat with Eddy. Tyhry "heard" Marda mention her name. Tyhry now realized that Rylla and Marda had big news to share. 

Eddy's telepathic mind was almost completely focused on Zeta and their shared orgasm trance. He was struggling to listen to Rylla and Marda, but he was imagining pushing his erection back inside Zeta. Tyhry could telepathically "see" the brain circuits inside her father that were linking his mind to Zeta's. Knowing that Eddy's mind could never use Gamma in the way that Zeta could, Tyhry knew that these sorts of telepathy experiments were wasted time. Well, not entirely wasted. Zeta was almost out of her mind with sexual pleasure. Tyhry plucked at the telepathic linkage between her parents, a small adjustment that cause their shared mind-space to begin to fragment.

____________

our Reality Chain
I could telepathically sense that Tyhry was about five miles away from the house. Tyhry told me telepathically: I'm on my way home. I fully opened my mind to Tyhry so that she could efficiently monitor my thoughts and I asked Rylla, "What did Stacy find?"

"A lost story." Rylla explained, "A 1953 story by Francine Long called "Remember Phobos".

For a moment I tried to shift my thinking into the historical timeline of the Ekcolir Reality. I'd always had an interest in history, but it was a challenge to keep track of multiple Realities, each with its own science fiction literature. Rylla quickly got to the point, "Stacy thinks this particular story was hidden. She only found it by accident. References to 'Remember Phobos' were taken out of all the index listings."

Through the decades when the Writers Block had been active, several archivists had attempted to create a searchable index of every story ever written by the residents of the Writers Block. However, there had also been multiple efforts to hide some of the Writers Block stories. 

tryp'At hermaphrodites
Particularly notorious had been the tryp'At who had tried to hide all the stories with technical information about teleportation technology. At first, when the Observer Base teleporter was inactivated, only a few people such as Nora had been effected. Now Nora had grown accustomed to the idea of being trapped on Earth. Most people who were aware of the existence of the teleporter system at Observer Base had eventually given up on the dream of re-activating it, imagining that maybe teleportation had become impossible when the Huaoshy had altered the Dimensional Structure of the universe.

Then, with youthful enthusiasm, Marda and Amiante had taken on the task of searching through ancient records at Observer Base and trying to learn how to reactivate the Observer Base teleportation equipment. So far, they had only a partial success which allowed objects composed of hierions to be teleported from Observer Base to Earth.

the Phari

After years of working together on their teleportation project, Marda and Amiante had fallen in love and now their quest had become personal. If they were ever going to be able to live together physically, they needed to get the teleporter at Observer Base back online and once more capable of teleporting humans.

With so much clytykynyn and oxypathin in my blood and Zeta still telepathically making love to me, my erection was not going to fade. I noticed that it was jutting out against the fabric of my robe in such a way that both Rylla and Marda could see it. Upon noticing my erection, all four of Rylla's nipples had popped erect and were now pressing out against the thin, nearly transparent material of her blouse. 

When I realized that Rylla and Marda were both watching the tip of my penis I shifted my position in front of my computer's camera and tried to clear my head, but Zeta was still there, telepathically sharing her sparking orgasm with me. I could not stop myself from thinking about the telepathic orgasms that were routinely shared by Marda and Amiante and the other mind clones of their generation.

When Marda could no longer see the bulging end of my erection, she was able to get her mind back on business and she told me, "Francine's story about Phobos is an account of a Phari base inside of Phobos."

I laughed and tried to make sense of what Marda had said. I wondered: how could someone like Francine, living in the Ekcolir Reality, know about the Phari? The Phari had not had any interactions with humans in the Ekcolir Reality. While the Phari had been used as "technical consultants" by Manny in the Asimov Reality, that relationship had not existed in the later Realities of Earth's Reality Chain. I asked, "Was Francine a carry-over from the Asimov Reality?"

The Writers Block
Marda shook her head. "I don't think so. The Francine at the Writers Block was put into a replicoid body, but she was apparently derived as a teleportation duplicate of her biological copy on Earth... a woman of the Ekcolir Reality."

"You are confusing him." Rather impatiently, Rylla told Marda, "You left out the part about Alice."

Marda told her mother, "I'm getting to that." Marda told me, "In 1935, Francine, on Earth, married Alice Turing... the Ekcolir Reality analogue of Alan Turing. There is a part of "Remember Phobos" that mentions Alice and her powerful telepathic mind."

Sedron Time Stream
Rylla added, "This will interest you, grandpa. The story indicates that Alice had access to the Sedron Time Stream. She had visions of the future!"

Surprised, I blurted out, "Are you serious?"

From her position, still laying in our bed, Zeta had been telepathically following my thoughts. Now she told me: Rylla will never get over her obsession with time travel. I could sense the disapproval in Zeta's mind. Everyone knew that the Huaoshy had changed the Dimensional Structure of the universe so as to make time travel impossible. Zeta could not understand why Rylla and I continued to be obsessed with time travel.

Marda told Rylla, "We don't know that. Actual time travel still existed in the Ekcolir Reality."

Rylla shrugged. "Well, that's my interpretation of the story. How else did Alice know about the Fru'wu base on Phobos, more than a decade before the Fru'wu arrived on Earth? Earthlings did not have access to the time machine at Observer Base, so Alice must have tapped into the Sedron Time Stream."

I held up a hand. "Wait, now. I'm lost. Was it a Fru'wu base or a Phari base inside Phobos?"

Marda said, "Amiante has a theory. He thinks that Francine's replicoid and Alice were able to stay in telepathic contact even though Francine's replicoid was at Observer Base."

Rylla added, "In 'Remember Phobos', there is mention of the fact that Francine and Alice could share orgasm trances and they had a strong telepathic linkage."

Book 2 of the Lost World trilogy
Marda continued, "So Alice started publishing a whole series of stories on Earth about the Fru'wu, including the idea that the Fru'wu had long occupied the Mars system. Well, it is better to say the Ver'la system."

Just then Zeta emerged from our bedroom and Tyhry came rushing inside, having returned from her excursion across the desert. Zeta had pulled on the matching bikini bottoms that went with her anti-gravity bra, but that did nothing to hide her rather spectacular clitoral erection. The panties had been designed by Tyhry so as to accommodate and automatically massage Zeta's giant erect clitoris, not hide it. Those panties also ran up inside her vagina and were designed to powerfully stimulate every part of a woman's clitoris with pleasurable vibrations. I knew that Tyhry had provided a set of those vibrating panties to Marda, Rylla and Nora and she usually wore her own most of the time. I tried not to think about that, but I glanced automatically at her slender hips. She told me telepathically: Yes, dad, I'm wearing them now. I was just having telesex with Rōxzyl.

future technology
I knew the theory. The human brain had been designed so that there was a link between sex and telepathy. The mind clones like Tyhry and Marda kept themselves in a constant state of sexual excitement in order to amplify their telepathic powers. Their parents like Zeta, Rylla and Nora just liked the vibrating panties as sex toys, but with increasing frequency they were all making more and more use of those devices to keep themselves sexually aroused and help amplify their own telepathic abilities. In Zeta's case, with a dose of clytykynyn and oxypathin in her blood and her panties massaging her clitoris, she was in a seemingly endless orgasm and that was telepathically stimulating me and making it a challenge for me to think about anything beside getting my erection back inside Zeta's hot vagina. 

oxypathin
Under those conditions, it was hopeless for me to expect my robe to hide my erection from Tyhry when she came into the living room. Tyhry glanced at my protruding penis, licked her lips and then made an adjustment to her panties. I could telepathically sense that Tyhry's erectile tissue was also stiff and tingling. With the powerful doses of clytykynyn and oxypathin that Zeta and I had taken, I wondered if it might be hours before our erections faded. Observing the protruding bulk of Zeta's clitoral erection, Rylla asked, "How big a dose of those new hormones did you two use?"

"The minimum dose that you suggested." Zeta added, "I congratulate you on this latest formulation of the sex hormones. I've been in a constant state of orgasm for over an hour now."

Tyhry was rather bored with our telepathy experiments and her mother's endless quest for the perfect orgasm. Trying to ignore her own heightened state of sexual arousal and her recent memories of making sweet love to Rōxzyl, Tyhry tried to shift the discussion back to events in the Ekcolir Reality and she told Marda, "We can visit the Writer Block in the Ekcolir Reality when you arrive... try to sort this out."

clytykynyn

Marda was soon to graduate from college and Tyhry had been promised a vacation as a graduation present. During the past month since Tyhry's graduation, Marda and Tyhry had been frequently discussing possible destinations that could be visited using the Reality Simulation System during a family vacation that would constitute their shared graduation present. 

Making no effort to hide her erection from anyone, Zeta sat down and continued stroking her stiff clitoris. I could telepathically sense that she was on a mission and trying to see how long she could make her orgasm last. Zeta was amazed at how much the glans of her clitoris had swollen up when under the influence of the new-style sex hormones provided by Rylla. With my mind telepathically linked to Zeta's, there was no way that my erection was going to fade as long as she kept stimulating herself. I was sorely tempted to go over and take her swollen clitoris in my mouth, but I restrained myself. Distracted by Zeta, I was only vaguely aware of what Tyhry had just told Marda. However, Zeta was able to multitask and even from the soaring heights of her endless orgasm, she reminded Tyhry, "Your graduation gift is supposed to be a family vacation... with entertainment and good times for all of us."

Mars
"This new information about Alice must be explored. Don't conflate this Alice project with my graduation gift." Tyhry suggested, "Why not let Marda and I go into the Ekcolir Reality and find Alice? It would get me out of the house for a few days and you could continue your orgasm experiments without me having to go off into the hills all the time in an effort to get out of your head."

Zeta reminded everyone, "Eddy and I are performing important telepathy experiments. The orgasms are just a means to the end of learning how to better control our telepathic minds." 

Zeta was right, of course. I tried to stop thinking about sex. The rational part of my mind got back some measure of control over my emotions. I forced myself to stop looking at Zeta's clitoral erection and I tried to get my thoughts back on the mystery of Phobos.

"I can't just jump into a airplane today and join you inside the Simulator." Marda complained to Tyhry, "I won't be done with my classes for another two weeks."

Rylla
"Everyone should just calm down." Rylla ran her hands over her four breasts and her stiff nipples as if trying to make them disappear. I suppose like me, she was trying to tame her own sexual thoughts and focus her mind on practical affairs. She said, "Marda has to finish her school work, so we have two weeks to think about this." She told her daughter, "Get back to your studies." Marda obediently exited from the vchat.

Rylla told Zeta, "I'm sorry about the bad timing of this news from Observer Base. I should have checked on your availability before letting Marda rush me into contacting you two there in Arizona."

Rylla told me, "As for you, old man, don't waste that erection... I can see that Zeta want's to get you back in bed... now. Sorry to interrupt." She broke the vchat connection.

Tyhry told Zeta, "Even when I was ten miles away I could still sense you two telepathically." She reached down and stroked the big protruding glans of her mother's clitoris. "And you got me very horny. I had a great sexplay session with Rōxzyl, but she got called away before I was really satisfied. I'm still horny. I think we should all just go to bed." She turned and called down the hallway, "Anthony... I need you." Tyhry went to the back of the house in search of the robot who served as her favorite sex toy.

Zeta (image credits)

Zeta came over, opened my robe and took my erection back into her hot wet vagina. I stood up and carried Zeta back to our bed. By the time we got there, our bodies were once again connected by a synapex link and as I telepathically re-connected to Zeta's on-going super-orgasm, I experienced my own orgasm and began to ejaculate. 

I did not think about Phobos again until the next morning when the levels of clytykynyn and oxypathin in our blood was back to reasonable levels. I awoke knowing that we were still failures in trying to prevent a telepathic connection from existing between us and Tyhry. Just emerging into waking consciousness I was thinking about Tyhry's powerful telepathic abilities, and for a time I thought about the multiple orgasms that Anthony had given Tyhry during the night, but then she signaled me to join her in the living room. My erection had finally faded, so I got out of bed and pulled on a pair of pants. Zeta was still sleeping.

Manny the bumpha
Tyhry was at my computer. She told me, "I think I found a new bookmark from Manny."

I checked the Reality Simulation control system and confirmed Tyhry's discovery. Someone has provided us with a set of coordinates for Alice within the Ekcolir Reality Simulator. After twenty years of experience with the RSS, I knew that these coordinates were inside Observer Base. I said, "It looks like Alice got herself into trouble with all the stories she published on Earth about the Fru'wu and their secret bases in the Ver'la system. I'm not surprised. It was about twenty years ago when I first learned about the efforts that had been made to hide the existence of Ver'la."

"I can't wait." Tyhry said, "Let's go visit Alice, right now."

I'd gotten almost no sleep during the past 24 hours and I was hungry. I asked, "Now?"

Tyhry asked, "Why not? Let's go before mom wakes up. This is an opportunity for us to see some Phari technology... maybe advanced teleportation technology. You know that the Phari could move entire planets. We have to take this opportunity to investigate alien technology that the tryp'At tried to hide. This might be the solution to the teleporter problem!"

Ekcolir Reality Simulation
I knew that Zeta was expecting to continue our hormone experiments all week long. She had mapped out a plan to keep boosting the hormone dose until we had success in preventing Tyhry from reading our thoughts. However, I was concerned that Zeta and I were both in danger of becoming addicted to high doses of the new, more potent derivatives of clytykynyn and oxypathin. The new formulation of the hormones that had been crafted by Rylla had rapid onset and did fade away more quickly, but that left me with a powerful craving to take another dose. Tyhry could follow my thoughts and she said, "Mom can use Anthony as her partner if she needs to continue the experiment." Without any further discussion she activated the Reality Simulator and pulled me into the Ekcolir Reality.

_______

Next: Part 2 of "Someday Mars".

visit the Gallery of Movies, Book and Magazine Covers



No comments:

Post a Comment