May 30, 2015

Gohrlay

The Exode Trilogy
Last year, I initiated a research project aimed at obtaining information about the fate of Gohrlay, the Neanderthal woman who was the first character created for what has become the Exode Trilogy. Then a strange thing happened: my collaborators began pushing me to recognize the role of science fiction in general and Jack Vance in particular in shaping the world as we know it.

Hypothesis
Gohrlay's brain
I'm forced to assume that Ivory Fersoni and the Atlantis Clones have been trying to do the impossible: pass critically important information about Gohrlay to me without provoking the tryp'At Overseers to step in and block their efforts. I've taken to calling the efforts of Ivory and the Dead Widowers a type of "Experimental Interventionism" that has been aimed at testing the limits of the Trysta-Grean Pact.

I'm further forced to assume that the "critical information" is not really new to me, but rather, it is information that I have previously obtained. However, I have in the past (repeatedly) been given the choice of 1) retaining conscious awareness of the truth and being forced to leave Earth or 2) being made to forget the truth and allowed to stay on Earth.
Original art by William Timmins

Risk Assessment
I'm a blabber mouth. I despise secrets and it is really difficult for me to keep a secret. However, I must face the possibility that there are some truths I can know as long as I keep them to myself.  Armed with that secret knowledge, I can decode the past and tell the secret history of Earth...as long as I restrict myself to telling that story in the form of a science fiction story.

I don't like the idea that I have to constantly estimate the risk of sharing what I know with the people of Earth. I don't want to play the role of an Experimental Interventionist, but I've been forced to conclude that that is the role I am expected to play. I'm too much of a coward to risk getting kicked off of Earth: I now believe that the Buld Reality, the world as we know it, was designed so that the future of Humanity depends on me staying here on this world and telling what I know (or, at least, much  of what I know) to my fellow Earthlings.

Saying What I Can Say Without Saying what I Can't Say
Taivasila
During the past year, I repeatedly asked my collaborators about the fate of Gohrlay. I gradually realized that they all knew perfectly well what had become of Gohrlay and, in fact, they had quickly and repeatedly told me what they knew. And I enthusiastically blogged about Gohrlay here on this blog. And the tryp'At had to step in and censor what I had written. Indeed, they had to censor my memories and make me forget what I had learned about Gohrlay. More than once. My brain must be a web of imposed blockages that have repeatedly kept me from remembering what I have learned about Gohrlay.

Now I've remembered once again, but somehow I've also realized that I must restrain myself. I will be allowed to retain my memories as long as I control my instinctive desire to share what I know with the people of Earth. This does not mean that I must remain silent. I simply must tell the secret history of Earth in the correct way: in the guise of a science fiction story.

What role did Gohrlay play in creating the tryp'At?
I can say this much: Gohrlay is here on Earth, ready, willing and able to share her special knowledge of the past with the people of Earth. Gohrlay is my muse. She has always been a part of my mind, shaping my thought patterns towards the goal that I must play as "the Editor".

I now understand that Gohrlay had to be hidden "in plain sight". In other words, Gohrlay had to be inserted into Earth's timeline where she could function as an oracular source of truth, but she must exist here on the world within the restrictions that are imposed by the tryp'At Overseers and the terms of the Trysta-Grean Pact.

Gohrlay on Earth
The most frustrating thing about all this is that I must resist my urge to reveal Gohrlay's identity. I wasted almost a year obsessing over the idea that Gohrlay, as a Neanderthal, might carry genes that could be sequenced and that would provide objective evidence of the existence of a living Neanderthal on Earth.

However, I now believe that Gohrlay is allowed to stay here on Earth only as long as her presence here, and her physical nature, remain secret. So, the source of information about Gohrlay that I have been seeking is Gohrlay herself, and it is up to me to control myself and use Gohrlay as a source of information without revealing her Earthly identity.

Worse still, I must allow Gohrlay to pour her knowledge of Earth's past into my mind. I am a conduit by which her knowledge can be passed along to the people of Earth. I want objective evidence that supports her claims, I want confirmation of her information from other independent sources. I don't want to be wrong about the secret history of Humanity. But I now recognize that I will not be given the certainty that I desire. This is a fundamental constraint that is imposed upon my by the Trysta-Grean Pact.

Biographical Sketch
Gohrlay adopts the physical form
of a Kac'hin female
Gohrlay was designed and crafted in Deep Time on Yrwerd, a world of the Galactic Core. I suspect that there have been many functional "copies" of Gohrlay, and I can't hope to sort out those complexities. A copy of Gohrlay was used by Orbho Anagro to advance the science of positronics, resulting in the creation of R. Gohrlay and her tribe of positronic robots.

Gohrlay spent some time on Taivasila and became involved with Lili and the creation of the Atlantis Clones. Apparently this was where Gohrlay was "instantiated" as an artificial life form, a life form that is so sophisticated that there is possibly now no available "objective evidence" in "her body" of her Neanderthal past.

Gohrlay most recently lived on Yrwerd where she coordinated with the tryp'At in preparation for placing Earth under the tryp'At Overseers. Before going to Earth, Gohrlay had to be "programmed" so as to fully comply with the terms of the Trysta-Grean Pact.

Next: one link in the Yrwerd Intervention.
visit the Gallery of Book and Magazine Covers

No comments:

Post a Comment