Mar 27, 2021

GIF 2021


I've previously made some use of GIFs (for example, see "Dead WS Video").

This blog post is just an attempt to display a large (17.1 Mb) GIF on Blogger. 

Image source: Empress of Starlight - Animated Version

See: Empress of Starlight by EldarZakirov.

I've previously blogged about a dream I had soon after I began reading printed science fiction stories (almost 50 years ago). In that dream, I held a book that had an animated cover image. The book's cover was thin, like a piece of paper. I hope to see such books in stores before I die.


Here (shown to the left) is the Analog Science Fiction and Fact cover from 2018 where Eldar Zakirov's "Empress of Starlight" was used to illustrate a story of that name by Gerald Nordley.

Related Reading: illustrations for science fiction stories

Next: the Notteng robots of Triskelion

Exodemic


No comments:

Post a Comment