Jan 14, 2023

𐀲hang𐀟 23

see "Breakfast at Smade's"

 𐀲hang𐀟 in 2023. This is my annual "change challenge" blog post, a tradition which I began in 2015 and continue to use in an attempt to push myself and my fiction writing in new directions. For example, back in 2019, I amazed myself by writing some disgusting violence as part of that year's change challenge. 😟 Also at that time, I reviewed the topics for my change challenges in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.

Here in 2023, I'll first quickly summarize the past three years of change challenges then move on to discuss my new writing plans for this year. 🚀 onward.....

Nirutam

 Old Change. In 2020, I challenged myself to create an interesting new alien who could be a character in the Exode Saga. Nirutam was an alien from the he planet Retfai in the Andromeda galaxy, sent to Earth on a secret mission. After going to all the trouble of creating the Nirutam character, I surprised myself by quickly killing her. Here in 2023, I'm going to send Tyhry to a more distant galaxy, the Huaoshy home galaxy, and hope that she can bring back a longer-lasting character (see The Hua Nanites, below).

When visiting the Hua home world (Sermyth), Tyhry arrives not too long after the Hua have made first contact with the Retair. The Hua are still rather giddy from the shock of having met another space-faring species, and Tyhry's arrival "from out of nowhere" is quite surprising. Most of the Hua would find it hard to believe that they are inside a Reality Simulation, and Tyhry lets that sleeping dog rest in peace.

Image source. Made using
Onboard2 & Redspec8 by Eclesi4stiK
available under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
 Fan Fiction. For my 2021 change challenge I went full speed ahead with a fan-fiction story in which I tried to provide some back-story for a wonderful Jack Vance character: Over-Inspector Ryl Shermatz of the Whelm. 

I invented a new character named Eleyn, the mother of Ryl. Eleyn was among the first residents of Alastor Cluster to become aware of the fact that Asterothrope gene patterns were being slowly introduced into the human population of Alastor Cluster as part of an attempt to create telepathic humans. Sadly, genetic technology in Alastor Cluster was rather primitive, limiting the ability humans to guide their own evolution. 

Here in 2023, in my new story The Hua Nanites (below), the Hua people that Tyhry gets to meet, have a significantly more advanced science of genetics than existed among the human residents of Alastor Cluster.

Image source.
made with Leah01 by Eclesi4stiK
available under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
 Change in 2022. Last year, my annual change challenge turned into a new science fiction novel called The Historical Archive. In that story, I finally allowed Eddy to have extensive direct contacts with both R. Nyrtia the positronic robot and Manny the bumpha. I tried to write The Historical Archive so that it had two distinct temporal threads, one set in the First Reality and one in the Final Reality. I discovered that it is very hard to constrain a living, breathing story to such an artificial narrative structure!

 What next? For this year's change challenge, I'm going to create a new narrative voice for a new story in the Exode Saga. Lately, I've been devising new stories that feature Tyhry as a character. These stories are all set about 20 years in the future, the point in Time when Tyhry has just graduated from college. 

No possible prequel. My hope is that Tyhry can find a way to travel so far into the past that there will never be a need within the Exode Saga to go any further back into the past.

 Image credits: "Snowy landscape"
by Aled Jones; "Fi in Mountains"
by Henry1850 and Elena17
and yennefer by
Eclesi4stiK available
under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
.
In the most recent story about Tyhry, Echo of Cynym, she met a human-alien hybrid from the Asimov Reality, an hermaphrodite named Onky. Tyhry and Onky quickly discover that they share a similar telepathic mind pattern which allows them to collaborate 👭and begin obtaining information directly from the Sedron Time Stream. As told in The Hua Nanites (below) they discover how to use the Reality Simulation System to visit the home planet of the Hua, the first species that ever discovered how to travel through space at a speed faster than light.

Through her association with a group of mind clones, Tyhry has become involved with a search for some means to re-activate the teleportation equipment that is located within the Eternity space-time bubble. Tyhry hopes to obtain advanced nanites from the Hua that will make it possible to return the teleporter at Observer Base to full operation. So, on to the new story, which is narrated by Tyhry.....

The Hua Nanites - Part 1

Onky had grown up on an island where warm tropical breezes kept the air temperature comfortable and close to the same temperature all year round. Now, she was finding it difficult to adapt to the colder winter weather of North America. I began taking Onky into the Reality Simulation System on "field trips"; quick visits to warm destinations.

mind clone network
For most of those excursions, we simply went to visit what I think of as my Amplification Fork inside the Final Reality. Having long ago learned the usefulness of telepathic amplification that can be achieved when two or more mind clones link together during an orgasm trance, I had gradually built up almost two dozen copies of myself inside my Amplification Fork along with three copies of Marda and even a Dysyn copy.

However, Onky was reluctant to play the duplication game. During our second visit to the A Fork, Onky made her position clear: "In this case, I agree with your father. I'd feel bad if I knew there was a copy of me trapped here in this simulation."

Just emerging from our shared orgasm trance, Onky had immediately resumed our topic of discussion from before the sexplay session. I had sighed and complained, "You are so selfish. My copies would like to have their own sexplay sessions with you... or your copy" I gestured towards three of my copies who had just watched Onky make love to me. 

Onky lifter her head off of my chest and glanced at the copies. She asked, "I'm selfish? I'd be happy to share a sexplay session with any... or all of the copies, but you are the one who told them to just watch."

I was sweating, and so I tipped Onky's hot body off of me. The weird alien tentacles of the stateo-symbiont still dangled from Onky's chest and extended up into my vagina. Onky's cute penis had popped out of me and the oldest of my copies optimistically asked, "Now is it my turn?"

I'd started this simulation fork in August, one week before my parents had first moved into their new home... the house where I was born and had grown up. However, in this Fork, my parents had never arrived, and I was free to populate the house with my copies. 

Onky the Chyntos
I was eight years old when I'd learned the secret of making Simulation copies of myself. I feel that only the three oldest copies of myself are old enough to watch my rather wild sexplay with Onky. However, there was no way I could prevent my younger copies from telepathically linking to me and sharing in the pleasure that I experienced during my orgasms with Onky.

The oldest copy of me there inside the Amplification Fork is only nine months younger than I am, but I rudely told her, "Sorry my dear, you are simply going to have to wait until either I grow tired of Onky or she makes a copy of herself. Talk some sense into the girl."

What I think of as the Oldest Copy told Onky, "There would be no problem if a copy of you lived here with us." The Oldest Copy glared at me and added, "There is a severe penis shortage in this house."

There was a touch of truth behind that accusation, but the copy of Dysyn that lives in the A Fork is a replicoid, so he can tirelessly entertain the two dozen ladies in the house. I reminded the Oldest Copy, "Your job is to educate our little sisters, not spend all your time having sex."

The Oldest Copy was on the couch, enmeshed within a sweaty tangle of limbs with the other two copies of me. They had all achieved orgasms along with Onky and I during the just completed sexplay session. The second-oldest copy was just emerging into normal consciousness after her orgasm. The third-oldest still had her face tight against the second-oldest's crotch. The second-oldest was still licking the stiff glans of the clitoris of the third-oldest, so she told me telepathically: Something strange happened during that orgasm.

I reflected on my sweet memories of that shared orgasm trance. I had been totally caught up in the pleasure of Onky making love to me, but I had been peripherally aware of the simultaneous sexplay of everyone else in the house. As had happened during the first visit by me and Onky to the A Fork, I had also made telepathic contact with Marda and Stacy who were both still in the real world, beyond the confines of the simulator. I suggested to the second-oldest copy: Maybe you were able to sense Marda and Stacy... they both linked in to join that shared orgasm.

The Oldest Copy assured me, "I do as good as I can to educate the little twerps, but they know they are in a simulation. They don't see the point in studying."

The second-oldest insisted: No, that's not it. I think we were connected to someone else... something else.

visions of the past/future
There had been a moment during the orgasm trance when the entire universe had seemed open before me. I'd had a sensation of flying. At the time, during my orgasm, I had imagined that I was simply floating in the extreme pleasure of an orgasm being shared by a dozen copies of myself. The multiple Mardas and even Dysyn the replicoid had also been there in that shared mind space. Now I thought about a dream my father had once had. In that dream, he had felt a connection to something greater than anything accessible to normal human experience. I told the second-oldest copy: Maybe we reached the Sedron Time Stream.

Lato's vision.
The possibility that I could link into the Sedron Time Stream was such a startling idea that I was jolted out of my post-orgasm relaxation. I sat up and telepathically exclaimed: Let's find out! As I rolled off of my parent's bed, I felt my nervous system abruptly disconnect from Onky. The alien tentacles of the stateo-symbiont were yanked out of my vagina. My feet hit the cool floor and I grabbed hold of the second-oldest copy's arm. I yanked her into sitting position and placed my hands on her face. She did the same to me and I tried to re-capture the details of my memory of that moment of free-fall or flight that I had experienced during my trance. I was vaguely aware that the Oldest Copy went to the bed and began a new sexplay session with Onky. 

Manny the bumpha
The third-oldest went off to urinate and then returned with Dysyn and they also got into bed with Onky. I was lost in a shared mind space with the second-oldest copy. Our memories resonated and we carefully examined the possibility that we may have linked into the Sedron Time Stream. I was not really sure what to expect when one gained access to the Sedron Time Stream.

After churning through our shared memories and still not being certain what we had experienced, we leaned back into the soft cushions of the couch and lazily watched the energetic four-group at play on the bed. I could sense in Onky's mind that she was approaching another orgasm. The Oldest Copy was riding Onky's erection with fiery intensity, her hair flying. I told the second-oldest copy, "Let's join this next orgasm trance and try to open up the Sedron Time Stream!" We each grabbed a big vibrator and began to masturbate, rushing ourselves towards a new orgasm. 

Soon I was fighting against my usual tendency to enjoy the pleasure of my orgasm and I forced myself to actively seek out the gateway to the Sedron Time Stream. I had no idea what I was doing, but my body began to tingle and resonate with what seemed like some giant mindful entity. In my dream-like trance state, I seemed to leave my body and pass through a mushy barrier into... what?

Manny the Bumpha was there, waiting for me. She welcomed me: You finally made it across.

I could "see" that Manny was in her cute hermaphrodite body form, but sadly she did not seem to be in the mood to impale me with her penis and join in the orgasm trance. I struggled to control my heated emotions and "say" something sensible. All that I could manage was a bewildered: This is the Sedron Domain?

Manny was working to maintain around us some semblance of the type of physical reality that I had always existed within. Manny wrapped her arms around me and I could sense that she was at work shaping my sensory experience and guiding my thoughts. However, there was a kind of queer fluid swirling all around us, which made it quite obvious to me that we were no longer in the Hadronic Domain of the universe. My entire life I'd heard my father's tales about Angela Fersoni and her claimed ability to link into the Sedron Time Stream. I'd never really believed it. Manny seemed to speak out-loud, "You'll get better with practice. Onky will use the stateo-symbiont to tune your mind to the Time Stream."

I tried to bury my face between Manny's soft breasts and stop the universe from twisting and turning around us. I asked, "I will be able to see the future?"

Manny explained, "Like everyone with tryp-At gene patterns, you have mostly retro-vynculochronyc abilities. It is very dangerous to give mere mortals the ability to see the future. The many opportunities for temporal paradox are simply too difficult for a creature like you to avoid."

I was feeling safe and warm in Manny's embrace and I was fantasizing about her making love to me. Then suddenly the vibrator was yanked out of my vagina and my second oldest copy was shaking me by the shoulders. She was shouting at me, "Breath! Breath!"

I opened my eyes and glancing past my second oldest copy. I saw Onky looking at me even as she continued to thrust her penis in and out of the Oldest Copy. I took a deep breath and said, "I'm breathing."

The second oldest copy continued to hold my shoulders, "You stopped breathing. For a minute you were not breathing." She asked me, "What did Manny do to you when she took you away?"

"You saw Manny?"

"She pulled you away from me... she rudely broke my orgasm trance connection to you."

"I was in the Sedron Domain." I looked again towards Onky and told her, "We need to go back there... together."

When Onky finished up her love-making with my copies, I popped us out of the Reality Simulation System. Onky insisted that I consult with my father and inform him about my new-found ability to link into the Sedron Domain.

I hastily called a family meeting and we all gathered in the living room. After describing my brief meeting with Manny inside the Sedron Domain, Zeta immediately complained to my father, "I thought you were not allowing her to use the simulation system."

Eddy told Zeta, "I have asked Tyhry not to visit Alastor Cluster until we go on vacation, but she's an adult and I trust her to use the Simulator with appropriate care and caution."

I told Zeta, "I promised not to use the Simulator to go into past Realities by myself." I assured my father, "I had my encounter with Manny while I was with Onky inside a simulation Fork of this Reality."

Zeta asked me, "Why can't you stay here at home? Why do you have to run off with Onky and sneak around inside the Simulator?" 

Onky told Zeta, "I don't like the cold weather here in the depths of this Arizona winter."

Image Credits.
Zeta gazed out the window at the white flutter of an Arizona high country snow squall then she asked Eddy, "If Onky is a replicoid, why is she so bothered by the cold?"

Eddy shrugged. "I don't know. I suppose Manny needed to find a convenient way to get Onky and Tyhry into the Simulator. If so, then making Onky feel cold was a trick, a sneaky way for Manny to accomplish her goal. You know she's a master at manipulating our behavior."

"Yes, that witch can always get us to do her bidding. But why this? Why now? I thought Manny wanted us to all take a family vacation in Alastor Cluster."

I suggested, "Maybe Manny is still getting us ready for that adventure. She implied that she brought Onky here to the Final Reality so that I could learn how to view the past."

Eddy rubbed his chin and added, "If all tryp'At have a capacity for vynculochrony then maybe I should go along on your next trip to the Sedron Domain." Dad looked into my eyes with his scientific curiosity fully engaged and imperiously gave me an order: "Tell me... exactly how did you manage to crack into the Sedron Time Stream?"

I'd never given Eddy the Simulator coordinates for my Amplification Fork and I was not ready to do so. I could feel Dad telepathically probing at the fringes of my mind even as I hid my memories of the Amplification Fork. I began to mentally construct a misleading story that could substitute for the truth about how I was secretly using the RSS to amplify my telepathic powers. 

Lucky for me, Anthony came into the living-room and announced, "Dinner is ready." We went and settled in around the dining-room table and began discussing the imminent arrival of our relatives from Australia. Nora, Rylla and Marda would be arriving two days after Marda's college graduation ceremony.

Only halfway through the meal, a call came through from Rylla in Australia and Eddy left the table. Not bothering to eat the fancy desert that Anthony had prepared, Zeta rushed Onky out back to the hot tub for a sexplay session. I tried to slip off with Anthony to my bedroom, but as we went down the hallway, Eddy called to me, "I want a full written report on your visit to the Sedron Domain."

I called to him, "Yes, you'll get it." 

Eddy went back to his conversation with Rylla. I could sense telepathically that she had completed the biosynthesis and purification of a new sex hormone. She had already tried some on herself and was describing the effects to my father.

Trying to distract myself from what Zeta was doing out in the hot tub with Onky, I made sure that Anthony quickly got his big hot penis inside me, but I could not concentrate on our love making. I was trying to imagine why Manny seemed so intent on providing me with access to the Sedron Time Stream. I'd never been particularly interested in history as it is taught in schools, but I was well aware of my father's historical frustrations from having had access to the Reality Simulation System.

The Reality Simulation System gave access to all the Realities of Deep Time, but it seemed restricted to those times and places where the pek had mixed their monitor zeptites into both the Hadron and Hierion Domains. Surely those monitor zeptites could also collect data within the Sedron Domain? If so, then why were humans apparently restricted from gaining access to the Sedron Domain by way of the RSS? Manny had mentioned temporal paradoxes, but wouldn't those sorts of problems be confined to people who got access to information from the future?

Anthony efficiently provided me with a sweet orgasm and I began to drift into sleep. I was trying to imagine what it might be that Manny wanted me to discover in the past. What information about the past might the Sedron Time Stream contain, information not accessible by way of the RSS? I was thinking about the Huaoshy and the fact that they had been the first species in the universe to discover the Sedron Domain. The Huaoshy were the undisputed masters of sedronic matter and I knew that they seemed to go to great lengths to maintain their monopoly on knowledge about sedrons and zeptites.

Stacy and the other mind clones at Observer Base had long been trying to find control nanites that would re-activate the teleportation equipment inside Eternity. What if such nanites were zeptites that only existed within the Sedron Domain?

Wrapped warmly in Anthony's tender embrace, for a time I contemplated the satisfying feel of his erection inside my body. As comfortable as I was with Anthony as my long-time lover, I could not stop myself from craving more sexplay with Onky. I reflected on the fact that Manny was manipulating my emotions and aggressively pushing me towards the mysterious Sedron Domain.

My musings were interrupted when Onky slipped into an orgasm trance with Zeta. I could sense that my mother had a synapex linkage to Onky's stateo-symbiont. Zeta's mind was wide open to me and I found in her thoughts a memory of an ancient novel called Uvadekoto. In that story, an ancient species in a distant galaxy, the Retair, was among the first to achieve interstellar travel and make contact with another intelligent species. It was those primordial space travelers who, billions of years ago, became the Huaoshy.

Uvadekoto
I was rather ashamed by the fact that my parents knew so much about the Secret History of Humanity. I had spent my young life trying to find a way to integrate into Earthly society, so I had not bothered to learn all that my parents knew.

I tried to imagine the amazing nanotechnologies that the Huaoshy had devised, ages before animal life began to exist on Earth. What if Manny was trying to guide me to a source of nanites in the Sedron Domain that would allow the Eternity teleporter to be re-activated?

Then Onky was there in my bed, warm and damp from the hot tub. I snuggled contentedly between Onky and Anthony. I almost slipped into sleep, but then Onky and I began to discuss plans for a return to the A Fork and what would be our first mission together inside the Sedron Domain.

While Onky and I quietly made our plans, her stateo-symbiont established a physical linkage between our nervous systems. We were whispering a few spoke words to each-other, but increasingly we were able to let our two minds operate together in a shared mind-space where our memories were open and accessible to both of us. I wondered: Are there any spatial or temporal limits to the Sedron Time Stream? Could we visit the Huaoshy in their home galaxy?

It was exhilarating to watch Onky's agile mind as she focused on the question of seeking advanced nanotechnology from the Huaoshy. She suggested: If the Huaoshy have always been reluctant to share sedron technology with primitives like we humans, then maybe we need to go further back in time...

A big THANK YOU to
Miranda Hedman (www.mirish.deviantart.com)
for the DeviantArt stock photograph
"Black Cat 9 - stock" used to make this illustration
see more image credits here

Attempting to keep up with Onky's thought processes, I began to wonder about the origins of the Huaoshy. I was vaguely aware of the concept that the Huaoshy had not originated as a single biological species. Before ascending into the Sedron Domain, they had genetically combined a few dozen distinct species (including the Retair) that had each originally evolved on its own planet. But how can we possibly find anything in a data set that goes back billions of years into an era that we know nothing about?

Anthony whispered into my left ear, "Maybe you could make use of the Reality Simulation interface."

I noticed that Anthony's long left arm was arched over both me and Onky so that her could fondle one of Onky's back breasts. For a minute I redirected my attention to the feeling of Anthony's penis where it still rested inside my vagina along with a half dozen tentacles of the stateo-symbiont, providing me with a warm feeling of fullness.

Onky asked: How far back in time can the Reality Simulation System reach?

I began to contemplate the possibility that the Reality Simulation System could directly tap into the vast amount of information that resided in the Sedron Time Stream. If so, then there might be no limits to how far into the past we might go. 

Onky was following my thoughts and she objected: Then why hasn't you father directly investigated the Huaoshy?

the diversity of life
I knew that my telepathic abilities were far beyond those of my father. The only indication that he could telepathically sense the Sedron Time Stream was that one mysterious dream he'd had in his youth, a dream that continued to haunt him. I was very comfortable there in bed with Onky and Anthony. It was a cold winter night and I did not want to get out of my warm bed, but the more I thought about using the Reality Simulation System as a way to search the Sedron Time Stream, the more restless I got. I kissed the tip of Onky's nose and told her, "I'm going to check..."

I pulled away from my two lovers and went down the dark hallway to my father's computer workstation. I activated the Reality Simulation System's control software and ran a search for bookmarks that Manny might have left for the Huaoshy. I got as far as typing in "Hua" when a strange bookmark came up on the screen.

Next: Part 2 of The Hua Nanites.

visit the Gallery of Movies, Book and Magazine Covers

No comments:

Post a Comment