Jan 15, 2022

A Visit to Earth

Below on this page is Part 4 of the science fiction story The Historical Archive. With the approach of the Final Reality Change, R. Nyrtia and R. Gohrlay could use Reality Viewing technology to look into the Final Reality, but due to temporal paradoxes, they could not preemptively act so as to prevent some imperfections that would exist in the Final Reality. However, after the Huaoshy altered the Dimensional Structure of the universe so as to make further use of time travel impossible, R. Gohrlay departed from this galaxy and R. Nyrtia became the positronic robot in charge of keeping a watchful eye on Earth and we humans.

R. Nyrtia was not satisfied with the clumsy and unreliable methods available for revealing to the people of Earth the Hidden History of Humanity. 

Seeing that the Editor was spreading falsehoods about events in Deep Time, R. Nyrtia implemented a plan for how to re-educate the Editor. Knowing that she needed a helper, someone who the Editor would trust, R. Nyrtia went to the Galactic Core in search of Ivory Fersoni, but returned to Earth with Yrovi, the femtobot replicoid copy of Ivory.

Concerned that R. Nyrtia's efforts would all be wasted, just before departing from Earth, R. Gohrlay arranged for some body-sculpting nanites to reach the Editor. R. Gohrlay disguised the origin of those nanites, making it appear that they were sent back through time to the editor by Ivory (see Telepaths of Site Q). As planned by R. Gohrlay, the nanite-mediated changes to the Editor's body were exactly what was needed to cement a good working relationship between the Editor and R. Nyrtia.

Before R. Nyrtia takes the Editor to Earth, she adopts the physical form of the woman who provided the structural template for Nyrtia's positronic brain. The Editor begins to learn about the unusual biology of the Nyrturians and why his body's structure was recently altered.

Part 4 of The Historical Archive (Part 1)(Part 2)(Part 3)

Yrovi and I arrived in the First Reality Simulation at almost exactly the same location from which we had previously departed. However, almost 20 hours of local time had elapsed. Just as I was getting re-oriented to my new surroundings, the front door of Nyrtia's house burst open and in came Holly. Needless to say, I was surprised to see what looked like my old flame from high school there in the First Reality, but then I remembered that R. Nyrtia had adopted that body form. Right on Nyrtia's heels was her assistant, R. Lynscot. Both Nyrtia and Lyn were carrying some of Nyrtia's personal belongings. Not entirely certain that this was Nyrtia, I asked, "Is that you, Nyrtia?"

Lyn took all of Nyrtia's things and went up the stairs to the second floor. Nyrtia told me, "Yes, this is the new me. Do you like my altered appearance?"

Yrovi walked around Nyrtia and said, "I've long imagined meeting this younger version of Nyrtia. You are quite stunning!"

Nyrtia giggled and approached me, "I was hoping that you might find this body form to your liking."

For a moment I was tongue-tied, then I told Nyrtia, "Please excuse me, but where I come from people don't suddenly change their body form. Your new body is beautiful, but I'm still struggling to adjust to the exotic features of Nyrturians. I wish you would explain how you got the name Nyrtia and why you selected this particular body form and-."

Nyrtia waved a hand dismissively and said, "So many questions!" I think Nyrtia could sense that I was captivated by the charms of her new body, even if I was failing to communicate to her the fact that I had once fallen in love with an Earth girl who had almost this same appearance. Nyrtia turned to Yrovi and said, "I've received a report on you... according to Lyn, you are enthusiastic and creative in your sexplay."

Yrovi laughed and told Nyrtia, "If we are handing out compliments, I'd like to commend Lyn for her remarkable diligence in satisfying my sexual desires. I'd no idea sexbots were so proficient here in this Reality!"

"I'm pleased that you enjoyed making love to Lyn... I always have. However, now that I have this new body, I'd like to try it out..." Nyrtia took Yrovi by the arm and pointed at me. "...and I'd like to experiment with your man."

Image source. Made using
SciFi02 by Eclesi4stiK
available under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
Just then, Lyn came back down the stairway and told Nyrtia, "Lucky for me, Yrovi can achieve multiple orgasms with very little sensory stimulation. However, it is unsettling for me not to have telepathic contact with her... that makes it a challenging guess-work game trying to fulfill Yrovi's sexual yearnings."

"A serious problem!" Nyrtia looked back and forth between Yrovi and I. "They are both unreachable by my telepathic abilities also. Sadly, I learned today that with my brain's sedron condenser active, I can apparently only have a good telepathic connection to Nyrturians." Nyrtia took hold of my hand. "So, you see, it does make sense to call me Nyrtia. I was created from a Nyrturian template... a woman named Qway." Yrovi had slipped an arm around Lyn's waste and was whispering something in her ear. Nyrtia asked Yrovi, "Are you two humans or... something else?"

Yrovi kissed Lyn's cheek and then explained to Nyrtia, "I'm an artificial life form. Just like you, my body is made of femtobot components. However, back in my biological existence, I was born on Earth as a hybrid. My parents were human variants of the future, but to hide myself on Earth and not attract attention, I used a standard human body form, achieved by body-sculpting medical nanites that altered my natural body form when I was gestating."

"The future!" Nyrtia said, "Your life history sounds fascinating. However, I'm still trying to figure out where you two are really from. It is easier for me to believe that you have used time travel to come here from the future... while your tale of us all being inside a simulation seems impossible." Nyrtia had slipped one of her hands inside my pants and whispered to me, "Just as the size of your genitals seems impossible."

Struggling to ignore Nyrtia's warm fingers where they gently probed my testes, I suggested, "It may be easiest for you to think of us as time travelers, but in either case, I do request that you humor me and provide me with information about life here in Observer Base. Before yesterday, I was completely ignorant of the existence of Nyrturians. I've been told that there are only Nyrturian women and no men... how can that be?"

Nyrtia turned towards me, moving her face only a few inches from mine. One of her hands was on my penis and she placed the other on the side of my face. "Yes, that is correct. When Nahan crafted the Nyrturians, he wanted to keep complete control of their genetics, so Nyrturian reproduction involves creation of new zygotes by merging two egg cells. After the two pronuclei fuse and the first mitotic cell division is complete, the first two blastomers are separated and implanted in the mother's uteri." Nyrtia's hand had moved down from my face and onto my chest and then continued slowly moving downwards. When both of her hands were on my swelling penis, she said, "So, sadly, there are no male Nyrturians. I guess that's my I'm so intent on sexually experimenting on you."

Yrovi told Nyrtia, "Long ago, he and I lived together as young lovers, but he is not 'my man' and he does not belong to me. I'm very fond of him, but I certainly would not try to stop you from celebrating your new body with him." Yrovi put her arms around Lyn and added, "Particularly if I can have another tumble with this sexy robot."

I put my hands on Nyrtia's hips and asked, "Is it true what you said, that someone who once lived here at Observer Base looked like me?"

She nodded. "It is very strange. Yours is a face that has haunted me through all of my life. Today, Nahan explained to me that when he travels in Time, he will use the body form of one of the ancient Escapists who was a friend of Gohrlay. Why do you use that face, also?"

"I don't know what to say. This is my face, but I've been told that there was a... version of me here in the First Reality."

"How very strange!" Nyrtia was fondling my testes and my erection. She commented, "I never imagined that a man could have such large genitals. Your big penis seems comical rather than practical. Is this normal for the humans who live in the future?"

replicoids
I explained, "I believe that the males of some human variants were crafted with large genitals. I was born with normal human genitals. In advance of my visit here to this Simulation, my genitals were artificially enlarged by medical nanites rearranging the structure of my body."

Nyrtia said, "If you are a human being, then why can't Lyn establish a telepathic link to your mind?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I've been told that I am a human variant called a tryp'At. Like Yrovi, in order for me to live on Earth, my body form was modified by developmental control nanites to make me appear to be a typical Earth human. Perhaps my tryp'At brain does not easily link to Lyn's telepathic brain." Looking over Nyrtia's shoulder, I watched Yrovi and Lyn go hand-in-hand up the stairway. Their nanite-generated clothing had already been removed from their bodies and their cute bottoms twitched provocatively as they went up the stairs.

"Enought talk!" Nyrtia said, "Come, let's make love by the hearth." She took me by the hand and lead me to the hearth room. With the lights low and flickering shadows on the walls, Nyrtia dissolved our clothing and held me tightly in her embrace. "You are sexually aroused, but still you hesitate. Is the Nyrturian body form not to your liking?"

"To tell you the complete truth, I've spent many decades fantasizing about an Earth girl I knew who looked like you. I'd like to ravish you on that furry rug there in front of the fire, but I want to make a deal. I don't want to squander my opportunity to learn about the origins of time travel by..." I was searching my mind for the correct way to say what I wanted to say.

Nyrtia laughed and said, "You don't want to waste your precious time by making love to me." She took the tip of my erection in her mouth.

"Putting bluntly, yes. So... how about a deal?" I tried to forget about the feel of her tongue on my penis. "First you show me your time machine and then we can make love."

source
Nyrtia laughed again, even more loudly, and briefly I felt her white teeth on the sensitive skin of my penis. Then she looked directly in my eyes and said, "I have a counter offer." She was holding my erection in her hands. "Let's grab a quick orgasm right now, then I'll show you the time machine. And later, we can have a more leisurely sexplay session."

I let Nyrtia guide my erection between her legs and I could feel that her hot artificial vagina was dripping slippery secretions. Her two little nipples were stiff and bright pink. Pleased that she was willing to negotiate, I suggested, "I'll happily make love to you right now, but I can't guarantee that you will have a quick orgasm. I know I will. Let's set a time limit. In fifteen minutes, you'll take me to see the time machine. And I want you to promise that you'll take me on that trip to Earth that you mentioned yesterday."

Nyrtia pulled me down on the rug and pulled my erection inside her vagina. "Perfect! It is as if you were made to fit me perfectly."

'Perfect' was the perfect word for what I was experiencing. "That may well be the case." I was ready to ejaculate, so I rolled us over and told her, "Get to work, girl. Get your orgasm and then I want my trip through time."

She started rubbing her big stiff Nyrturian glans against me. Smiling, she said, "You are a cruel task master!" Only later did I learn that two Nyrturian women could press together the large glans of their two clitorises and then link together axons of their nervous systems.

I laughed and said, "Suffer, my dear."

"Oh, I'm feeling it, lover." She kissed me quite passionately and then said, "It might not be safe for us to use the time machine tonight. Today Dodaqowż and I only had time to initiate a diagnostic test routine."

I was trying to delay ejaculating, but that was hopeless. As my orgasm began, I found myself in a shared mind space with Yrovi. Yrovi noticed that our minds were linked and she told me: Somehow we are continuing to synchronize our orgasms, even without physical contact between our bodies...

I suggested to Yrovi: Your chum Nyrtia must be playing games with this Simulation.

"Hmm. I suppose that might be possible, but why would she do that?

Just then, the Nyrtia of the First Reality reached her sexual climax. I had my hands on her small round breasts and I was having a hard time believing that she was an artificial life-form and we were inside a Simulation. I was floating in the shared pleasure of the orgasm trance with Yrovi and marveling at actually having a chance to make love to my dear Holly. Of course, I was rationally aware that this was not really an Earth girl named Holly, but... Nyrtia moaned and said, "Oh! So good!"

As I emerged from that orgasm trance, I was trying to imagine how positronic robots such as Nyrtia had come to be designed to take such pleasure from sexplay. I felt that I really needed to meet Nahan and find out how he had guided the humans and robots and Nyrturians of Observer Base towards this critical point in time when time travel was finally possible. I'd never imagined that the inventor of time travel had been a lusty robot who looked like an exotic alien version of Holly. Nyrtia rolled us over on the furry rug and told me, "Now, let let me have it good. Hard and deep!"

Teasingly, I gently slid my erection in and out of her tight vagina. "Time is almost up, and our agreement was for one quick orgasm. Now I really do want to see the time machine."

She complained, "If you want me to do favors for you then you should not be so mean. I love the feel of you inside me. I never imagined that sex could be this intense!" When I tried to disengage, she pulled me forcefully against her body. "This must be a side-effect of linking a sedron condenser to my brain circuits..."

"We'll do better next time, my dear, but in the name of science let's..." I pushed away from her warm sexy body and stood up and then I pulled Nyrtia to her feet. "... go check on the time machine and those diagnostics."

Still delaying, she licked the tip of my penis and asked, "How are you going to walk over to the Syzyngs' house like this?" She had my erection in her hands and shook it playfully.

I used the clothing nanites to dress myself in a loose-fitting robe. "By the time we get there, I'll be able to fit into pants. Let's go."

Nyrtia dressed herself in a very sexy and mostly transparent jumpsuit. She took my arm and we headed out into the simulated night of Observer Base. Artificially bright constellations hung above us. Nyrtia slipped a hand inside my robe and stroked my erection. She asked, "If where you came from you never knew of the existence of Nyrturians, then how could have been designed to be the perfect male lover for a Nyrturian?"

I explained, "Where I came from, there is a copy of you."

"Of course! The woman with the big breasts... that was me... from the future?"

"Yes. In fact, she is outside of this Simulation and is probably watching us right now."

"And she could appear here, right now, if she wanted to?"

"Yes. Just like she did yesterday when you were expressing doubt about this being a Simulation and saying that had you sent me here, you would have provided proof..." I pulled her hand off of my penis and held it tight, our fingers interdigitating. "The you of the future sent me here so that I could learn about the First Reality and how time travel was invented. This might seem incredible to you, but in the distant future that knowledge will be lost and forgotten. I want to let the people of Earth... humans of the far future... know how positronic robots made use of time travel."

Nyrtia was looking up at the sky. "Can you explain to me how I can feel so... normal. How can this be a simulation? How can my experiences be so perfectly simulated? I feel like I am alive."

I pulled her hand to my lips and kissed her warm fingers. "Yrovi and I once lived together inside a simulation. We shared a long simulated life together. I knew it was a simulation because Grean told us the truth about what was happening to us, but that simulation seemed completely real while I was a part of it. Grean told me that these simulators monitor the thoughts of simulated people and if there is any deficiency in the simulation, the people are made to not notice. So, I think we simply cannot be aware of any problems with the simulation as long as we are in a simulation like this one."

Nyrtia pointed up along the path, "The Syzyngs' house." Her clothing transformed into a more conventional and conservative style that hid the sexy features of her body. "Can you change into street clothes? We might run into my parents."

"You would not like to be seen with your crazy lover from the future dressed in a bathrobe?"

"My parents think I'm a silly little girl who can't be trusted to run my own life. I want you to look normal in case we bump into them. They are already going to wonder why I've come back here this evening after telling them goodnight only half an hour ago."

I managed to get myself tucked into the street clothes that I had originally been provided with for use in this Simulation. Now that Nyrtia had shifted her clothing from her sexy temptress garb to her more conventional work clothes, I was soon able to fully deflate my penis, but we saw none of her family members there inside the big mansion. We went directly to the basement where Nyrtia had her workshop. She pointed at a small pile of oddly shaped objects and said, "There it is."

"This?" The largest of the objects looked like a large beach-ball.

"I suppose it does not look like much, but most of the storage components are actually over in Nyrturia with the teleportation equipment. This is just the guidance system and target selector." She flipped a switch on a control pad and text began scrolling down the display panel. "The diagnostics are still running. The test probe has gone as far as 1,200 years into the future and 17,400 years into the past..." Nyrtia glanced at me and said, "Something is wrong. The diagnostics should be further along." She seemed annoyed and immediately began looking through the data.

I had no idea what was going on. I asked lamely, "The time machine is not working?"

Nyrtia burst out laughing. "I should have known! We had an intruder... he left this workshop just before we arrived."

"Someone sneaked in here to use the time machine?"

R. Nahan
Nyrtia explained, "It was R. Nahan. He tried to penetrate the Orbho Chamber."

I was imagining some sort of limit on the temporal range for time travel. I asked, "He was unable to travel back 34 thousand years?"

"No, he did not try to go back that far. The Orbho Chamber seems to be within some kind of space-time bubble that we robots have been unable to penetrate. I suspect there is a sedron conduit into that Chamber that we don't know how to navigate. In any case, Nahan failed in his effort and then departed after having restarted the interrupted diagnostic routine."

I made a comment about how it seemed unwise to leave a time machine unguarded. Long ago, I had learned from Ivory about the orbho, the artificial life-forms that were used by the pek to control a large population of humans living inside Observer Base. I assumed that what Nyrtia called the Orbho Chamber was the secret command center of the orbho.

After another minute of Nyrtia looking at the diagnostics, she told me, "Everything seems to be working perfectly. Look at this curve. The energy required is not directly proportional to either the magnitude of the temporal shift or the spatial offset."

"So, there is no limit to how far you can travel through time?"

"We are limited by our power supply. The spatial energy constraint is orders of magnitude greater than the temporal cost of travel... this is a double-log scale. The energy costs are high, but we have enough power to reach anyplace on -or in- Earth."

Watching over Nyrtia's shoulder, I was looking at the data stream from the drone. I asked, "Where are these tests taking place?"

"Doda and I decided to perform most of our tests in near-Earth orbit. The largest energy drain comes from having to shift mass from a target site. By sending the test drone into outer-space, there is very little energy required."

"Yesterday when you invited me to go to Earth with you, what did you have in mind?"

"I want to visit the alien facility that is hidden inside Earth. Our scans indicate that there is another teleporter device down there. If we go back 34 thousand years, we should be able to examine a functioning teleporter! Nobody can figure out how to reactivate the teleportation equipment here at Observer Base. It has been useless ever since R. Gohrlay kicked the pek out."

"I thought you figured out how to control the alien devices with that hierion generator."

"Sadly, that trick only works with the sedron condensers. We still don't know how to shift mass with the teleporter."

"How can that be? Aren't you shifting mass with this time machine?"

"Apparently, the pek used some multiply-redundant system that must be correctly configured in order to activate the teleporter. I got lucky when I built my time machine using the sedron condensers that were originally used inside the orbho... the robots of the pek... it seems the pek were not too concerned about primitive people getting their hands on things like clothing nanites and the condensers. However, the pek had a carefully-planned system for crippling their other advanced technologies.... the spaceship that was here got destroyed, the teleporter may have been irreversibly sabotaged and the orbho were all disconnected from their central node in the sedron domain. I hope that if we can examine the functioning teleporter inside the subterranean chamber, we might then be able to switch on the the teleportation equipment here at this Base. In fact, I have a powerful intuition telling me that this is true!" Nyrtia showed me an image. "This is a high-resolution scan of the subterranean chamber." She pointed at one particular feature in the image. "There is the teleporter."

"Why not go back in time and examine the teleportation device here inside Observer Base?"

"Nahan insists that he will be the one to travel back in time within the confines of this Base. There is danger of what he calls a Reality Change. The danger of altering Time seems lower for a visit to the subterranean chamber, which is only an automated biology research facility."

I gestured to the components of the time machine, "This seems like a crazy joke. How does this thing work? I looks like a pile of junk."

Nyrtia giggled. "You are so rude! I spent my whole life building this time machine." She typed some commands into the control device. "I'm sending the drone back 35 thousand years." A moment later she told me, "No problem." 

She picked up a small device and I heard a voice say: "What is it, Nyrtia? I thought you went home for the night."

"Yes, Nahan, I did go home, but I'm back. I just wanted to confirm that you are safe inside Nyrturia.... I'm moving on to the next phase of the tests."

"Yes, I've shifted into my femtobot body and I'm running diagnostics on my new body. However, as far as I can tell, my new systems all seem to be functioning as expected. I tried to use your time travel device to penetrate the Orbho Chamber, but that attempt failed. From this point on, I'll remain here inside the physiotime generator until my diagnostics are completed and it is time for me to go get Gohrlay." Nahan asked, "Who is that there with you?"

"A friend. We are going to do an experiment with the time machine. I'm going to visit the subterranean chamber tonight." She shut off the com link to Nahan.

"That was R. Nahan?"

"Yes. Inside Nyrturia where he's safe from any Reality Change that we might trigger." Nyrtia typed more code into the control pad. "Now, I'll send the drone into the bioreactor facility, T minus 35,000." After a brief pause she told me, "No problem... the drone returned safely. However, the drone data indicates high temperature inside the cavern." She went to the big globular object and pulled it open, splitting it in half. Inside was a small test probe; the drone. Nyrtia took the drone out of the globe and set it on a work bench. 

The alien bioreactors.
Nyrtia turned a glance towards me and then her clothing transformed into a bikini style swimsuit. "We are not going to be able to stay very long inside the chamber, it is simply too hot for comfort. You better either go naked or..." Suddenly she was three inches taller, standing on thick-soled platform boots. "You need to protect your feet. Use some boots like these." After giving me a chance to figure out the nanite pattern in her insulated shoes, Nyrtia climbed inside one half of the globular Time kettle.

I shaped my clothing nanites into thick-soled shoes and swim trunks which barely covered my penis. I climbed inside the other half of the Time kettle and then the two halves came together and we were sealed up inside. Nyrtia put a hand on my penis and said, "Are you excited?"

It was exciting being there snuggled up beside the nearly naked Nyrtia. With her fingers stoking my penis, it began to stiffen and protrude from my swim suit. I said, "I never imagined that I would take the first trip through Time."

Suddenly, the kettle disappeared and Nyrtia and I fell onto the soft hot sand of a tropical beach. Moist warm air surrounded us and the smell of the ocean was very strong. Nyrtia did not seem at all disoriented as she pulled me to my feet. "I've long imagined being on Earth." She turned to me and said, "I'm glad you are here with me." At a touch of her finger, my swim trunks dissolved and she started playing with my genitals.

I turned my head and looked at the ocean. I said, "I thought we were going to the subterranean chamber to investigate the teleporter."

She was holding one of my plump testes in each of her hands. "Our deal was that I'd take you to Earth then we'd have a long sexplay session." She started enthusiastically stroking my erection. "And I really did mean long."

I figured there was no sense in arguing with Nyrtia, particularly since the sight of her on that beach was like a dream of paradise. We ended up in the warm water, making love standing up while gentle waves moved past our bodies. Her vagina seemed capable of making an endless supply of lubricating secretions. Eventually, with a large volume of my semen in the water we started attracting quite a few fish. Nyrtia said, "If the fish like eating your semen, I suppose I should give that a try." She took me up on the beach and in the shade of a palm tree the started sucking on my penis and massaging my testes.

I told her, "I can tell you are enjoying yourself, but I think I should warn you... I only have a limited time here in this Simulation."

She took her mouth off of my penis and said, "You are so infuriating! What kind of a man are you... aren't you enjoying our sexplay?"

"You know I am. Far too much. But it is the truth... there is a schedule that you set up... the you of the future." She had the sensitive tip of my penis back in her mouth. I had two of my fingers massaging the erect glans of her clitoris. I insisted, "Let's go take a look at that alien teleportation equipment."

Nyrtia gently squeezed my testes and I began to ejaculate. For a time she swallowed each big spurt of semen then she took her mouth away from my erection and watched another dozen spurts sail into the air. She said, "Amazing! Your semen went six feet up in the air. How is that biologically possible?"

"In the future, I suspect that the Nyrturians will evolve into a human variant called the Asterothropes. Asterothropes have males, females and hermaphrodites. Who knows what other human variants will also be designed in the future? I think I've been given genitals that are like one of those future human variants. I've been told that the Asterothropes were designed for efficient reproduction. My testes certainly seem to have been crafted to make huge volumes of semen."

An Asterothrope
Nyrtia finished licking up my semen and said, "You are very tasty, my love." She slid my erection back into her hot vagina and rubbed up another orgasm for herself before relaxing against my chest. "Thank you for humoring me. I needed that. I'm quite pleased with my new body. However, I'm a bit nervous about visiting the subterranean chamber."

"Your body is a fitting ornament for this tropical paradise, however I think we should attend to business..." Nyrtia giggled and we shared a long wet kiss and then I asked, "Can you explain exactly what the danger is?"

"Our visit to the underground chamber might be detected by the pek."

"Might we be detected here, on this beach, even now?"

"No, right now we are 33 thousand years in the past. Long before this time, the pek were driven out of the Solar System by Gohrlay. To examine the functioning teleportation equipment, we'll go back another two thousands years, to the time when the pek still had control of the Solar System. If the pek notice us... well, they could potentially capture us."

Now I became worried. But we were in a simulation, so what did it matter even if we were detected by the pek and captured? Still, I was no longer in such a hurry. We went back into the lagoon and again made love. Then we sat on the sand with a warm breeze drying us off. Nyrtia began snuggling close and I thought she wanted to make love again, but she gathered together our clothing nanites and said, "Curl into a ball so we can fit in the kettle."

With our arms and legs wrapped together we got into a compact shape and found ourselves back in the kettle. She said, "I suppose we'll have to build a larger kettle someday, but this is fun getting all snuggled up to you." A moment later we were again released from the kettle and we were now inside the pek biological research facility. It was even hotter there than it had been on the beach. The floor was uncomfortably hot and we soon had our protective foot-gear on. Pointing to the corner of the room, Nyrtia told me, "The teleporter is over there."

___________________

image source
After a wild and enjoyable sexplay session, Yrovi and Lyn lay among a jumble of pillows and sex toys. Lyn was continuing to lick the glans of Yrovi's clitoris which was quite stiff. Yrovi said, "You can relax, Lyn, I'm quite satisfied with your skills. I'm now looking forward to being able to link to your mind telepathically."

Lyn snuggled in Yrovi's gentle embrace and asked, "Why can't we link our minds?"

"I've told you repeatedly... we are in a Simulation. It would have simply been too distracting had you been able to see my thoughts. So, Nyrtia, the Nyrtia of the future, adjusted this Simulator so as to prevent you and I from linking telepathically."

Lyn stated logically, "You can't have a simulation without data. I refuse to believe that anyone could simulate everything that I'm experiencing."

"Don't ask me to explain the details, but you know how the Observers can see everything that happens on Earth. That is because the pek long ago impregnated Earth with their sedronic data collection system. Do you really imagine they did not extend that system so as to fully include Observer Base?"

Lyn shrugged. "Well, I've never heard of such a thing..."

"The data from their monitoring of events inside Observer Base was only made available to the orbho inside their Command Center. In the far future, Nyrtia will eventually gain access to the sedron data stream that holds a record of everything that ever happened in Observer Base."

Lyn suggested, "So, you really are from the future."

"From your future and from outside of this Simulation. I was sent here to get you."

Rather alarmed, Lyn asked, "What do you mean?"

"You and your skills are needed elsewhere. I'm going to take a copy of you out of this Simulation."

Lyn laughed rather robotically. "You sound like a crazy woman with an obsession about this supposed Simulation. I tell you, it is not possible to simulate anything as complex as my positronic brain."

"I won't argue with you, my dear." Yrovi kissed Lyn quite firmly on the lips and then rolled off of the bed. "Come on, let's go." Yrovi used her clothing nanites to dress.

Lyn jumped off the bed and landed on the floor as her own clothing took shape around her body. "Where are you going?"

"I need you to take me to the facility where femtobots can be assembled according to scanned templates."

The two women walked downstairs and then out of the house. Lyn told Yrovi, "I was just there earlier today with Nyrtia while she altered her body form."

"Yes, I know. And now I must give you the same treatment."

"But I have never changed my body. This is the form that Nahan gave me thousands of years ago."

They were walking along the winding path that led into Nyrturia. "Yes, I know. However, in the future, Nahan will alter your body configuration... the Nahan of the Second Reality. That new version of Nahan will have quite different views about robot appearances. The Nyrtia I know, the Nyrtia of the future, prefers your other body form."

Lyn pleaded, "Please don't do this to me. I'd prefer to wait until Nahan changes me to a new physical body pattern."

Yrovi laughed, "Nahan need know nothing about it. We'll get you into your preferred body and then I'll pull a copy of you out of this Simulation."

All the way to Nyrturia, Lyn continued to argue with Yrovi. When they were inside the body sculpting facility, Yrovi told Lyn, "Show me the controls for the body transformation equipment."

Lyn pretended ignorance. "I've never used the controls."

"Lyn, I order you to show me the controls."

"You are not a human being. I don't need to follow your orders."

"I am a human being. I was born on Earth, Earth of the far future. You may not be able to look into my mind right now, but I am human. Obey my command!"

Lyn Stubbornly said, "You are a femtobot replicoid."

Just then, Nyrtia from the Final Reality entered into the Simulation and activated the datapanel that served as the control system for the body sculpting system. She told Lyn, "You don't need to be such a mule, Lyn. I need your services and I need you in the body form that I long ago learned to love."

Lyn asked, "You are the Nyrtia of the future?"

"Yes." Nyrtia used the controls and brought up a hundred images that appeared on the walls of the room. 

The Lynscot brain template.
For a moment, Lyn was looking at all of the faces, a mix of both normal humans and Nyrturian's with their somewhat alien features. When she glanced back towards the control system, Nyrtia was gone; she had exited from the Simulation. Yrovi went to the controls and looked through all of the available scanned body templates. Not finding what she wanted, she asked Lyn, "Where are the ancient Escapist files?"

Lyn replied, "Those are not body scans created by the scanners of the teleportation system. They can't be used to give me a new body."

"Not by themselves, but they can be merged with a full somascan. I just need the face of a particular Escapist Clan member from Gohrlay's time. I know that Nahan generated those facial pattern files from his memories of Gohrlay's friends."

Lyn protested, "This is not right! Nahan made those files for himself."

With that clue, Yrovi tried searching through the records of past body sculpting sessions. She found that the equipment had been used twice that day. Nyrtia had taken on the form of a 20-year-old clone of Qway. Nahan had been there less than an hour earlier and he had taken on the facial form of a Preland, the Escapist Clan member who had been the First Reality analogue of the Editor. That entry in the logs linked to the database of Escapists. Looking at the dates on the files, Yrovi said, "What is this? There are Prelands here at Observer Base?"

Lyn said, "That is one of Nahan's breeding projects. Some of the ancient Escapists refused to abandon their Preland body forms, so Nahan turned it into a project. All the Prelands live in the old recreation facility where Gohrlay first met them during her Exile."

Age of Scientification.         
"Emily's reading"
by Nihil-Novi-Sub-Sole.
available under the CC BY-NC-ND 3.0
"Amazing. I had no idea..." Yrovi scrolled through the database of Escapists and found the end of the file. The last several face images were based on Nahan's memories of having met the ancient Escapists or, for some of the oldest ones, had been generated from Gohrlay's own visual memories of her friends. "This is it! Now, this face file must be combined with a body scan..." A moment later, Yrovi was ready. She told Lyn, "Stand there on the platform."

Lyn said, "I refuse." Then she crumpled to the floor.

Yrovi heard Nyrtia's disembodied voice, "Drag the mule onto the platform."

Yrovi draped the body of R. Lynscot over the low platform. Then she returned to the control panel and activated the body sculpting system. The whole femtobot reshaping process took less than five minutes. Now Lyn looked like a different person. Nyrtia said, "Beautiful, just as I remember her! Now, I'll pull you two out of this Simulation..."

Related Reading: Part 5 of The Historical Archive.

Next: the Age of Scientifiction

visit the Gallery of Book and Magazine Covers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment